Tuesday, April 26, 2005

q tuesday

well, A pleasant QT hosted at chez Vin & Chantelle. Wee January is a delight toddling about unnerving Chantelle by insisting that a pentagon has only two sides. And of course by being a very cute little two-year-old. A hearty repast followed a brief exchange of rapsheets on house of leaves. I certainly walked away from the book with a more broad message than Vin, who's take on the book is more focused than mine. I hope I can squeeze in one more QT to hear what Mike and James have to say about it. Oh ya, and we watched a couple episodes of Frazier on DVD (holy crap that show is well written.)

Wow, I can't seem to sleep at all of late! No amount of good fresh spring air and exercise and coffee can seem to put me to sleep. Its almost as if the coffee is keeping me awake! I think I must do some research on coffee and see if my crackpot theory holds any water. I suspect I'm unharnessing some nervousness about the summer. I've been getting pretty substantial electrical shocks off everything for the last three days. Really quite peculiar. Today I had the brief sensation that I'd woken up in an X-files episode. After shocking myself on a banana I thought I could here the morose monologue of Fox Moulder behind me. Then I got a shock off the doorknob, my apartment railing, my bikelock, the door to the lab and finally the stray cat that hangs out in the seed cleaning room. Feeling perplexed, I excused myself to the lavatory and got shocked on my sheepish exit. Must get to the bottom of this.

4 comments:

Anon said...

1. There is no such thing as banana shock
1. Best job in the world = hanging out with cat

rainswept said...

?How many interpretations can dance on the head of a pin

Like the house, the book is bigger on the inside (our heads) than it is on the outside

Danielewski says many things

The book is about many things

I grasp at what the 'House of Leaves' (?not the novel) is in and of itself - a pretty limited stance

?the Platonic House of Leaves

HoL Axiom 1: Doubt Rules
HoL Axiom 2: Doubt Rules

captainorange said...

I desperately wish that I was finnished so that I can yield from out my mine(d) some coherent and finished gem of interpretation. Alas, not in all ways is it good to be The Pirate King.

rainswept said...

Oh, better far to live and die
Under the brave black flag I fly,
Then play a hypocritical part
With a pirate head and a pirate heart.
Away to the world across the seas,
Where pirates read the House of Leaves,
But I'll be true to the song I sing
And live and die a pirate king.

Chorus:
For I am a pirate king (You are, hurrah for a pirate king).
And it is, it is a glorious thing to be the Pirate King.
I am a Pirate King (You are, hurrah for a pirate king).
And it is, it is a glorious thing to be the Pirate King.
(It is, hurrah for a pirate king, hurrah for the Pirate King)

When I venture forth to seek my prey,
I crush my foes in a royal way.
The ladies yield and the ships go down,
Or is it the other way around?
But many a king in a guilded tower,
If he wants to cling to pomp and power,
Must manage somehow to get through
More dirty work than ever I do.